Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello Again!

I'm back!! You probably were confused about why I was even gone in the first place. You know how I tend to be somewhat granny? Well, that applies to virtually every part of my life, including my relationship with technology. That is, in the sense that I don't like it all that much. Well, I take that back. I do like technology. Texting is handy. Calling is essential. Blogging is nice. But, sometimes I need a break, you know? Gracie knows. She likes to call these breaks "anti-technology binges." Hmmmph. I guess that's about right huh?

On September 14th, I decided not to get on the computer or watch TV for a month. It was a last minute decision that I immediately took action on, so I didn't exactly have a farewell post or anything, like I did before I gave up facebook or blogging. Yeah. So, that's where I've been. Everywhere but here. On the computer.

It was a nice break, but it feels great to be back. My fingers are bouncing happily on the keyboard, as if they are dancing for joy at the thought of blogging again. I love to blog, and to the few of you who read this, thanks.

Guess what yesterday was? Eli's seventeenth birthday! Eli, that girl who I love so much, who is like a sister to me, who is my best friend, who is stunning, and who was on homecoming court last Friday (she was amazing). Yes. She's seventeen now! Can you believe it? And the wierd thing is, in a month and a half, I will be, too! Seventeen, that is. Me? Seventeen? That sounds old...before long I'll be eighteen...and then I'm going to graduate...and go to that one place...called...college...sorry mom. I'll stop now.

Today, I went to the fair. The Arkansas State Fair that comes once a year. It's crazy, because so many things never stop changing (weather, style, people), but the fair just always stays the same. It's bright and colorful, filled with every kind of person. Short, tall, fat, small, you name it. You can find them. There's a ride for anyone, the sweet aroma of sweaty farm animals in the petting zoo, and all the deep-fried food you can fathom. Sounds bitter sweet, huh? You know, I guess technically, it is. I wouldn't even say I'm the perfect fair-visiting candidate. But for some reason, I don't mind going back every year. Maybe it's because I'm granny and I love traditions, or maybe there's something in the back of my mind that enjoys sweaty farm animals. The fair, my friend, is worth going to, if only to see what there is to see. It's an experience.

You know, it's only 8:35 and I'm already sleepy. This is odd. I feel like Eli. She's an early...faller. (As opposed to riser?) She's upstairs doing homework, as a matter of fact. I'm going to join her. I'll be asleep before nine, I'm sure. How odd.

Well, it feels good to blog again. Sorry if you gave up on me. But I vow to stop stopping things, including blogging.

I think I'm sounding like a crazy person. Stop stopping?

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment